Information meeting European Furniture Industries Confederation
In 2006, seven national federations representing the furniture industries in Belgium, Denmark,
Germany, Italy, Slovakia, Spain and Turkey, decided to constitute the “European Furniture
Industries’ Confederation”, EFIC.
Together, the 7 founding federations represent about 63% of the total turnover of the furniture
industries in Europe.
The aim of this new confederation is to duly represent the furniture manufacturers with
European bodies such as the Commission, the Council and the European Parliament.
On behalf of EFIC and the member federations, we have the pleasure to invite you to an
information meeting on the European Furniture Industries Confederation.
This event will take place in Milan on 19 April 2007 at 17h00.
1. Opening by Mr. Roberto Schnaidero of Federlegno – Arredo
2. EFIC and its objectives, Mr. Frederik Lauwaert (EFIC Secretariat)
3. The European institutions and the furniture industry (speaker t.b.c.)
4. Mr. Jan Kurth, Why we joined EFIC;
5. Mr. Paolo Boffi, The furniture industry in a European context.